Thursday, October 4, 2007

Yay! and Gross!

Our dear, beautiful camera is back in our loving hands. Check out this picture from it:


People, this is a Chicken Cobb Salad Bowl I ordered at one of the chain restaurants that my hometown is sadly overpopulated with. Look at the salad dressing on the side! That's salad dressing! Not soup! Is that not the most ridiculous thing ever? Although perhaps the mentality was that you actually needed that much dressing for the MONSTER salad. I have never seen a salad this huge in my life. There was so much salad it went off the plate, into that bread bowl you see in the background. The whole thing reminded me of that Horn of Plenty that the Native Americans and Pilgrims had during Thanksgiving, though if I remember correctly, that was for like 140 people, and this was for one person.

We were in the restaurant for about an hour or so, and though I ate steadily the whole time, I guess this salad bowl was truly a horn of plenty, because no matter how much I ate, my salad portion never seemed to decrease. In fact, when I asked to get it wrapped, they had to give me this special big box to put it in. I think it's the box they put cakes in.


Alright, enough with me talking about the huge American portions and our fat asses. Now that we have our camera back, look for some new updates soon!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hahah. Yea that thing was crazy big. Did you ever end up eating it all?

Emily said...

No! My mom even ate some, and I still couldn't finish all of it and ended up just throwing it all away after the lettuce got all gross.

joanh said...

haha. taht looks pretty awesome but that is TOO much dressing!

Emily said...

Yeah, it actually tasted pretty good, but then you felt gross after awhile from all that food.

Anonymous said...

Being able to take home leftovers is why we go out to dinner in the first place. We use the leftovers for work lunches or incorporate them into the next night's dinner. BTW, that cobb salad looks delish!