Friday, October 5, 2007

Mr. Donut

Oh Mr. Donut, how do I love thee. Let me count the ways: I love your bread-like, chewy texture; I love your funny shape and how I can pull off those little balls one by one and just pop them into my mouth; I love your unique and interesting flavors, like Green Tea and Red Bean and some that I can't even name.


Clockwise from top: coffee roll, glazed mo cha (Japanese green tea), glazed, glazed chocolate.


You will notice that we ordered a lot of glazed donuts last night. Though we do like the glazed donuts, there are definitely a lot of other flavors that we like better, which sadly at 9:30PM the Mr. Donut at the Breeze 2 on Zhongxiao seemed to have run out of. But some other favorites include the Konoko, which is dusted with a cinnamon-ish powder, and the Double Chocolate, which is chocolate glazed with chocolate. We also like their "stuffed" varieties, where they slice a donut in half and spread a paste or cream on the inside, so it's like a donut sandwich.

However, I would not recommend their "regular" donuts, meaning the non-ring kind. Those always taste dry and slightly stale. Nor would I recommend their coffee. Also, the donuts don't come cheap - it's about 35NT per donut.

Look at their cutely designed bags, with Mr. Donut and his cute little donut friends.


Get thee to a Mr. Donut!

Mr. Donut

located in several places, these are just the ones I know of off the top of my head:

NYNY

Breeze 2

YongKong Street
Taipei Main Station

5 comments:

abstractpoet said...

Hooray for fun-to-eat foods! And I love the little Japanese call and response the salespeople do every so often.

Unknown said...

I remember you talking about these. Now I understand what you meant by little balls. Did you each have two donuts?

Emily said...

No, we each had half of the four donuts, so that everyone gets to sample all the donuts.

lynnning said...

ahhhh mr. donut!
.. now i'm craving some.

joanh said...

hahah.. after eating the taipei dunkin donuts (awful!) i have a new appreciation for mr. donut. *sigh