Saturday, August 18, 2007

Back in the USA

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, but Luke and I are back in the States for a short visit, and I guess with all the manic stuffing of ourselves with all the foods that we can't have in Taipei, I just haven't had the time to post anything.

We took some friends out to dinner at the lovely Del Posto the other night, and while it was one of the best meals I've ever had, it was also one of the most expensive also. Damn those taxes and tips! I've just been so spoiled not having to pay that for the last year.


On another note, we've been cooking again (yay!). Here's some stuff we've made:

Fig and prosciutto salad with basil and mozarella.


Gazpacho soup with grilled parmesan cheese sandwiches.


Fruit salad with mint and sugar.


Here's how my dog looked the entire time we were preparing these dishes. Poor Casper.

3 comments:

joanh said...

wow! your cooking looks amazing! you will definitely not go hungry in taipei then since you can just do gourmet dinners at home. :) enjoy the states!

Lillian said...

That gazpacho was really good. In fact, I had a craving for it when I got back to Oakland, so I ordered a gazpacho/grilled cheese sandwich combo at a fancy schmancy restaurant that just opened recently. It wasn't even a fraction as good as the soup and sandwich you two made.

Emily said...

Aw, Lillian, you flatter us so.