Monday, August 20, 2007

Almond Cake with Berries (Happy Birthday to My Dad)

It's my dad's birthday and so we baked him this almond cake with berries. We wanted to go all out with this crazy cake, but my dad is mildly diabetic and we didn't want to send him into insulin shock on his birthday. So we settled on this cake.


Back when we had a normal sized oven, we used to make this quite often. Sadly, the cake pan doesn't fit into our Easy-Bake Oven in Taipei, so we hadn't made this cake in quite awhile, which makes it seem to taste even better this time around.

The recipe is courtesy of Gourmet, and it's really easy to make - it takes about an hour or so, and in the end you get this delicious cake. It's light, it's summery, and it's pretty to look at. And every one liked it and I think my dad had a nice birthday.

4 comments:

abstractpoet said...

Hooray for almond cake! Looking at that picture, though, it looks like I went a little bit too crazy with the confectioner's sugar at the end. =)

Unknown said...

The cake looks really good. Who's abstractpoet? Is that Luke? I'm salivating just looking at these pictures, even though I'm stuffed from Shabu Shabu.

Emily said...

Yup, it's Luke.

joanh said...

you definitely need an oven in taipei!! yum!