Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Sababa


Let’s say if you wake up one morning and you think, Man, I could really go for some bacon and eggs with a side of hummus, and a falafel on top, then Sababa’s the place for you. Though it’s not the best breakfast food I’ve had in Taipei – and to be honest, I think their hummus is good, but not as great as I’ve heard some people rave – it’s decent fare and it is something different from the old bacon/eggs/do jiang/you tiao standby.

I got the regular Sababa breakfast (NT158), which comes with eggs, pita bread, a chopped salad, and hummus. I also added bacon for NT18, and all breakfast plates come with either coffee or tea. Like I said before, the hummus was good, but I thought it could have been a little bit more garlicky.


My husband got the same thing, but insisted that I also take a picture of his breakfast, because his was “prettier.” Oh, and he added a falafel to his, also for NT18.



While we were satisfied with our meals, we weren’t really blown away. And to be fair, we did order the most boring things on the menu, so I would like to go back sometime and check out their other dishes.

Sababa
Roosevelt Road, Section 3, Lane 283, No. 17
(02) 2363-8009

2 comments:

abstractpoet said...

I guess I felt more positively about this place than Emily did, though it's a little out of the way (for us). But I thought the hummus was quite tasty, and the pita bread was good and fresh (not the stale store-bought kind you get at a lot of other places).

Not much in terms of ambiance or service, but you're not paying very much either.

Emily said...

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I didn't like this place; it was good, just not super. I don't know, maybe my expectations were too high - we should probably go back again sometime.