Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Blogger Hates Me

Blogger, why have you forsaken me? Why is it that when I create my posts and then view them in the preview, they look perfectly fine, and - dare I say - even pretty, but then when I publish them, they look nothing like what it looked like in preview mode? Why won't you center my pictures, even though I center them when I upload them, and they look centered when I preview them?

Why do I keep setting my font to "verdana," but then when I type, it's actually "trebuchet?" Why? Why? Then I have to click the font button a million times until I give myself corpal tunnel syndrome.

And then why do you randomly space my first paragraph 1.5 spaces, but then everything else is single spaced? I do not want it to be single spaced.

I don't know, Blogger. You and I do not seem to be getting along lately. We may have to take a break. You're giving me a facial tic.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might want to look at WordPress for your blogging pleasure. It is pretty slick!
http://wordpress.com/features/

Anonymous said...

awww.. sometimes blogger just doesn't play nice. if you manually center or italicize captions your pics, then you have to < p > or < br > afterwards to make sure it's not single spaced.

Emily said...

Thanks for the advice, j bell and joanh! I guess I'll stick to Blogger for now, but if it gives me any more trouble I may every well have to switch over to WordPress.

As an aside, does anyone know how to place pictures side by side in a post? For some odd reason it works fine when I do it in edit mode, but then when I publish, the pictures just end up on top of each other.

Michael Turton said...

Em, that is because the pictures probably exceed the width of your main posting area. You have to use the image width command in HMTL to ensure that they together are smaller than your main area plus whatever padding there is, padding being the distance between the text and the boundary. That will require experimentation with the size.

Looking at your template for your main posting area, it appears to be 400 px in width. That means that your pics can be no more than that width in total. However, blogger seems to put in another 15 px on each side as padding, so the total width of your pics should be no more than 350.

If you don't know how to use a width command, I will be happy to show you. Just email. But the internet has many tutorials too...

Michael