Thursday, November 29, 2007

Better Late Than Never: Thanksgiving Part 2

I wanted to post about Thanksgiving earlier, but apparently Photobucket decided it hated me as well, because it wouldn't load any of my pictures. And Blogger was already being difficult. But after much weeping and fist shaking, and thanks to the kind comments left by people in my previous post, Photobucket, Blogger and I are all friends again. For now.

Anyway, onto Thanksgiving!

Here's our game plan. Yes, Luke actually scripted out a game plan, which I thoroughly endorse! Was that dorky? Don't answer that.

And here is what we made:

(cheddar and scallion biscuits)

(she-jump-up pot)

(sweet potato spears with bacon and scallion vinaigrette)

(cornbread, cranberry and sausage stuffing)

This is our Fantastic Roasted Chicken, which is indeed fantastic. And a picture of our spread. We also made green beans with ginger butter, and squash soup, both of which are in the bottom left hand corner.



And now we are still eating leftovers.

3 comments:

abstractpoet said...

It was funny because in the process of trying to buy long-grain rice I apparently bought sticky rice by accident. So the she-jump-up-pot, which is one of my very favorite dishes, turned into something very similar to Taiwanese "you fan".

I wouldn't ever make it that way again, but our guests actually seemed to like it all the more as a result. I guess it was something familiar!

joanh said...

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom used to stuff our turkeys with "you fan" and we loved it. I think I'm going to try and sneak into your thanksgiving dinner next year. he he.

BTW, the way I put pics side by side is upload them as "small" and then delete the return on the 2nd pic's html. Does that make sense?
OG upload:
< img src blah blah >
< img src blah blah >

side by side:
< img src blah blah > < img src blah blah >

Comp Sci 110 comes in handy!

Gus Gus said...

Hello
I am a new reader to your blog. I am about to move to Taiwan for the first time and would like to get your recipes of your "thanksgiving Part 2" dinner. I know it's an extremely old post but the food looks so yummy.
Thank you
Gus