Sunday, July 15, 2007

Chocoholic

The Chinese palette’s sensitivity to sweetness has its pros and cons. On the one hand, at least I’m not going to give myself diabetes and/or have all my teeth rot and fall out of my head when consuming desserts with the frequency that my husband and I do here – which is every single night. On the other hand, sometimes you just can’t taste anything, especially things that are supposed to have chocolate in them. Mocha cappuccino tastes exactly like regular cappuccino to me. In a blind taste test, I probably wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between a chocolate cake and a vanilla one.

Well, at least there’s Chocoholic to the rescue for whenever you’re craving some chocolate-y goodness. My husband and I like to go here to read and indulge our sweet tooths (teeth?). There’s all kinds of hot chocolates, iced chocolates, chocolate cocktails, chocolate milkshakes, and the last time I was there, they had even added chocolate chicken to the menu. That fat kid from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – I forget his name; you know, he’s the greedy one who falls into the chocolate river and then gets stuck in a pipe because he’s so fat – he’d be in heaven here.


We went today and I had the Sicilian Iced Chocolate (NT 135). It was smooth, creamy, chocolate-y deliciousness. The only complaint I had about it was that I wish it were a little bit colder. If I lived in a chocolate factory and had a special room made out of candy with a chocolate river flowing through it, that river would be made out of this drink.


Right now my husband is in the middle of playing video games, so I am having a hard time getting him to tell me about his drink. So far in between grunts, I’ve heard the words “chocolate,” “ice” and “French crispies.” When I asked him what “French crispies” were, he said, “I don’t know, they’re crispies from France.” Well, here’s a picture at least:


Anyway, I definitely recommend Chocoholic for whenever you need a good shot of chocolate to your system.

Chocoholic
www.chocoholic.com.tw
Dunhua South Road, Section 1, Lane 187, No. 66
(02) 2711- 2600

1 comment:

joanh said...

i've always wondered about this place... sounds interesting and will have to try it.
hahaha.. my husband is the same way when he is on the computer or video games. *sigh... men.